Sunday, December 6, 2015

December 6, 2015. Madison, Ms. My Birthday.

When we arrived home from my birthday brunch, flowers were waiting by the front door.  They were special for me from David, Suzanne and the girls in Texas.  And they sent me a video singing me happy birthday and sending love.  Each girl sang a different line.  By the end, they were convulsed with laughter.  It was very funny and very sweet.  And the flowers are beautiful.

Christina and the girls met us for a birthday brunch.  Ken found us a new restaurant, Dragos, on County Line, right beside the Hilton where the family stayed.  It is a New Orleans style sea food restaurant which we all enjoyed.  It was worthy of a special event.  The food was excellent and of course the conversation was spirited.  I enjoyed the food and the company.  All six of us ate dessert to celebrate.

The weather today in Jackson has been perfect with full sun and 65 degrees.  The rest of the afternoon I spent reading and responding to birthday greetings on Facebook and e mail.  It by itself was a treat.  I have decided that I am pleased to be 78 years old.  I have survived and thrived my 77th year.  This day has been a memorable day for me.

No comments: