Monday, December 7, 2015

December 7, 2015. Madison, Ms. Bud and Mary.

Bud and Mary are old friends but I lost them…temporarily.   I was delighted the other night when I was able to contact them on the phone.  We talked for ages.  Ken talked with Bud for so long that he could not talk any more and turned the phone back to me.  I of course can talk for ever.

Bud went to school with Ken in Parry Sound.  And Ken was Best Man at Bud's wedding to Mary.  We married the same summer and we have been in touch ever since.  Every summer, when we visited Parry Sound to see Ken's Mother, we camped at Bud and Mary's summer place at Otter Lake.   It was great fun.  A candid picture of our family, taken by Bud on their dock,  hangs in our house in Mississippi.  I am wearing an unmatched 2 piece bathing suit washing clothes in a tub, while both boys are beside me and Ken just behind.  I almost fit my bathing suit while Ken had lots of hair.  We look like hippies.

Last year I was unable to send Christmas cards.  The year before, their card to us was returned.  We had moved.  For a year and a half we did not communicate, so during the phone conversation, Ken told Bud that Andrew had died, I had a recurrence of my breast cancer and he, Ken,  had a type of Parkinson's Disease.   It had been quite an 18 months.  But we were able to report that we were still walking and talking…and having a good time.   I am so pleased to have talked with them.   Now I must do a better job of keeping in touch.

No comments: