Friday, December 4, 2015

December 4, 2015. Madison, Ms. The Baby Jesus.

I found the baby Jesus in my jewelry box.   What a surprise.  Up until tonight,  The Baby Jesus in our small nativity set was a rolled up tissue made by Kate many years ago.  It has been years since the Baby Jesus has been part of the nativity set, but now the whole set is complete.

We moved to Texas in 1964.  Our Christmas decorations did not exist and our funds were limited but I bought a very small nativity set, made of plastic.  Each figure was about one and a half inches tall but it was a full set complete with sheep and shepherds and wise men along with Mary and Joseph and the Baby.  Over the years, each Christmas, I kept the original nativity in a place on honor, even though we owned larger sets.   One year when setting out our decorations the Baby Jesus was missing.  Kate made a substitute, which included eyes and ears.  We were happy with our nativity set and have been using the substitute ever since.

Once when I was organizing for a move, I found the baby Jesus and put him in a safe place but I have not seen him since. This morning,  Christina asked about it when she saw the nativity setting on a table and I told her that I remembered putting the Baby Jesus in a jewelry box many years ago but I did not recall which box.  Tonight, I made a thorough check here in Mississippi and to my great surprise, I found the Baby Jesus tucked in a corner along with some old rings.  Now our tiny old Nativity set is perfect.

No comments: