Tuesday, December 8, 2015

December 8, 2015. Madison, Ms. Birthday Lunch.

And the beat goes on.   Today Linda, Christina's Mother, took Ken and me for a birthday lunch.  Christina came too to help celebrate.   Linda selected Lou's Cafe, a new restaurant in Fondren.  I love going to new restaurants, especially when I discover the ample parking and the quiet atmosphere.   The place is popular so Linda suggested we meet at 11:30, which was smart.  By the time we left at 1:00, the place was full with folks waiting for a table.

There is something special about being taken out for lunch.  I never understand why because we go out for lunch often, but when a friend makes a date with you and pays the bill, the whole world seems brighter.  Of course we had a good time and the food was excellent but the whole event had a special glow.  I loved every minute.

Years ago, Peppy took me out for afternoon tea for my birthday.  It had the same rosy glow.  Peppy always chose fancy places  which lent an additional level of elegance.  But the feeling was the same as today.   Being taken out for my birthday makes me feel like the cat's meow.  But I believe the celebrations for my birthday are over.  Now we will move along to Christmas.

No comments: