Monday, December 21, 2015

December 21, 2015. Madison, Ms. Christmas Dinner.

Today, Christina and I selected the food for our Christmas Dinner feast.    At 11:00 this morning, we met at our local Chinese restaurant and we carefully selected our courses.  We want our Christmas dinner to seem like a party, not like we have just gone to a restaurant for dinner, so we have selected three appetizers, plus two plates of food for three courses.  If we have left over food we will bring it home.

Several years ago I read an article telling of the history of the Jews eating Chinese food for Christmas Day.   At first I felt that the story was not true but after asking several Jewish friends what they eat on Christmas Day and being told they eat out for Chinese food I decided the article was correct.   When Christina and I were speaking about Christmas dinner, I told her the customs and asked if the girls would like to go out for a chinese dinner.  Fortunately, the restaurant will be open.  Everyone agreed so this year we will be following the Jewish custom and eat chinese food on Christmas Day.  This is a first for us but it may not be the last.

No comments: