Thursday, December 31, 2015

December 31, 2015. Madison, Ms. New Years Eve.

I like to stay home on New Years Eve.  When the pictures can be seen on TV of the hoards of people standing in New York waiting for the ball to drop at midnight I remind myself of how pleased I am to be at home.  It is especially nice when the football games are on TV.

But I have been busy today.  On Saturday we fly to Puerto Vallarta so today I organized and packed clothes and medications.   Our life in Mexico is a bit complicated because we will be staying at an all inclusive resort for two weeks, before moving to our own condo so we need clothes for the two weeks. And once again, I am traveling with three months supply of my oral chemotherapy.

This evening I also put away the Christmas decorations and gave the plants to Chantes.  Tomorrow I will put food into the freezer and the rest of the food in bags to give to Christina and the girls.  I seem to have more food in the fridge this time and I am wondering why.   I usually am good at eliminating the food supply by the time we leave, but not this time.  We are almost ready to leave, which pleases us because next week will be cold and raining in Jackson.  Puerto Vallarta on Saturday will be 82 in the daytime and 65 at night.  Perfect weather.

I will not see the New Year strike.  I will be in my cosy bed, dreaming of the happy and healthy new year of 2016.

No comments: