Tuesday, October 10, 2017

October 10, 2017. Fredericksburg, Texas. Doctor Appointments.

Our appointments were made long ago, well before we even thought about selling the ranch, so now Ken and I going to our appointments, even though we no longer live in Harper.  The decision must be made as to whether or not we should continue to use these doctors or will find new ones in San Antonio or Canyon Lake.  We are taking a trial run.

Our drive today took us 80 minutes which was at the outer edge of acceptable for Ken.   We left at the lake and drove straight to check into our motel.  That was a mistake.  Next time we will stop for lunch in Johnson City.   After lunch at our favorite Italian restaurant, Ken dropped me at my oncologist, Dr. Deleon,  then had a nap in the car.  The oncologists advise me to be sure to have an oncologist in Texas.  I was prepared to forget  my appointments here in Texas.   He felt that if I get ill, someone who knows my history may be important.

Tomorrow Ken will see his eye doctor at 9:30 and his neurologist at 1:00.  Ken likes them both.  The eye guy is the one who told Ken that a prism would work for his double vision, and it did.  The eye man in Mississippi gave Ken eye exercises and said that prisms do not work, so Ken has faith in the good Dr. Cohn.   He also directed me to the eye surgeon in San Antonio and told me I was on the edge of falling over the cliff to being blind.  So we hate too lose him.  The neurologist was the man who checked me out when I lost my words so we have been dealing with us ever since.  He is an older man and always eager to try the newest medications.   Leaving him would be difficult for Ken.

Ken is waiting for automatic cars but the first ones will only be available in 2020, so we must figure out if we are able to make the trip for the doctor appointments.  We like Fredericksburg and we enjoy the food and the motels so perhaps a little excursion will be acceptable.  We must figure it out.

No comments: