Friday, October 13, 2017

October 13, Canyon Lake, Texas. The Pink Elephant.

The Pink Elephant was the find of the day for me.   I noticed the place yesterday in Satler when we were driving home from Fredericksburg.  The place had just moved from across the street and there was a big sign announcing their move.  They advertised used clothing, furniture and household goods, which were perfect for me.  I owned stuff to unload and I was hoping they would accept our cast offs.

This afternoon, Ken and I had two errands, first to the bank and then to the post office.  On the way home we stopped at The Pink Elephant.  The owner was pleasant.  And she told me that she will  definately accept anything we are shedding.  And she will take everything on consignment, so I might even make some money.  Now I must sort.

No one needs 36 T shirts which I own.   On Ken's shelves are 18 pair of jeans.  He wears none.  I hate to do it but I have 2 overalls I have used for years at the farm, but I am thinking that they will never been worn again.  We have fit our stuff from the ranch into the lake house but we can pare down our stuff.  My plan is to sort my collection of crosses, keeping the valuable and taking all the rest to The Pink Elephant.   This little store has bailed me out.  Heaven on earth has arrived.

No comments: