Friday, October 27, 2017

October 27, @017. San Antonio, Texas. A Day In My Life.

"What have you done today?" I am asked when they arrive home from work and school.  My answer is always the same, which is to day,"Not Much".  But of course I have been busy every minute of the day enjoying the home of David and Suzanne.

I always eat breakfast and lunch in the living room.  I take over one end of the couch and keep my phone, iPad and magazines right beside me.  The table beside me holds my tea so I have everything important at my fingertips.  I always turn on all the lights so while I eat, I peruse and enjoy the beautiful paintings in their living room.  When in the room with other people, I am not able to look at the art work, so by myself eating my meal gives me to time to appreciate the art.  The rest of the times during the say I either read Commentary magazine or e mails.  And every hour I walk around the house, enjoying the paintings, of which there are many, just to get a little exercise.

Yesterday, Suzanne had a meeting with Allison's advisor so she was intending to be late.  David was home first so we sat and chatted, again in the living room.  After Allison and Samantha arrived home, Samantha sat down with us reporting on her activities of the day.  She is remarkably proficient in the art of holding a conversation.  I was impressed with her skills.  I was even more impressed when Allison walked into the room holding a tray of cheeses and crackers and pears.  Perfect.  And great hospitality shown by a 16 year old.

When Suzanne arrived, she brought dinner.  Sushi is a favorite in our whole family so we sat in the kitchen enjoying the good food and each other.  David had previously looked up the TV schedule and we selected a hockey game, which came as no surprise.  We 6 watched almost the whole game between Dallas and Edmonton.  Of course, McDavid scored the winning goal.

My day was not necessarily eventful but it certainly was pleasant living in the home of David and Suzanne.  I feel fortunate and blessed to have such a family.

No comments: