Friday, October 20, 2017

October 20, 2017. Canyon Lake, Texas. Tea on the Deck.

Sitting on the deck sipping herbal tea is pleasant, especially in the late afternoon.  All by myself, I watch for action.  The sun has long gone over the house and the breeze is present so even on a warm day the evening is lovely.  The first thing I see are the deer, who have come to the lake for a drink.  I spot 6.   Over the years, the number and size of the deer has decreased.   Open lots are hard to find so the authorities have removed many deer and taken them to state parks.  We still see deer every time we drive in and out, but they are small and tame.  I like to see them beside the lake.

A young man using a paddle board was the next action.   He was working hard, racing down the center of the cove.   Up and down he went, going as fast as possible.  Normally I see folks on a paddle board just poking around but this young man must have been using it for a training regimen.   I was impressed.

A pontoon boat came out from the no wake zone and the ramp.  It was full of people.  They drove to the center of the cove, right in front of me and the boat stopped.  The motor was cut and for 20 minutes or so they floated.  I thought they were having trouble with the motor.  I guess they were just serving drinks and a snack because eventually the motor was turned on and off they went.

There was nothing exciting happening on the lake tonight but I was happy sitting on the deck sipping my lemon zinger tea, watching the action.  I am easily amused!!

No comments: