Saturday, October 28, 2017

October 28, 2017. San Antonio, Texas. Errands.

When you run a family home, full of active, busy people,  running errands is a way of life.  You just can not avoid them.   In years past, I ran errands on Saturday morning.   I remember getting home around noon.   Suzanne has a busy life, what with teaching school and running the house so often she gets behind in her errands, so this afternoon I joined her on her errands.

I had a good time.  Sometimes I walked around, such as I did in Home Depot and sometimes I just waited as I did at The Party Store.  Everywhere we went we found hundreds of shoppers.  With Hallowe'en coming up on Tuesday, the whole world was shopping.  We bought pumpkins at Whole Foods and we shopped for a fellow teacher at Francheska to buy jewelry for a birthday.  Suzanne will be a bat at school on Tuesday and she needed bat wings.  At the Home Depot we needed a new mail box because one of the girls backed into the brick holder and knocked it over.  We may have made a mistake because we bought one of plastic.  David likes steel.  In addition to Suzanne's list, Ken gave us a list or items from the Pharmacy.

But we finally got to the end of the list.  We were so busy we forgot to eat so we were famished when we got home.  Errands are easier with a friend although I suspect I slowed Suzanne down going in and out of stores.  Everything on our list was checked off.  It was an afternoon well spent.

No comments: