Wednesday, October 4, 2017

October 4, 2017. Canyon Lake, Texas. A Splendid Day.

Little things mean a lot.  This morning, the trash collectors picked up both of our big bins, which were full.   On Tuesday, I called the company to ask what day the trash would be picked up.  And I asked if they would pick up two big bins rather than the one that we usually see at the curb.  The polite lady assured me that they would only pick up one bin.  Furthermore, they would not pick up any bin that was labelled with their name, which was WC.   My problem was that neither big bin has WC on the side.  I thanked her for her help, and I crosses my fingers.  Success.  The truck took everything, even the lamps although two lamps had been picked up overnight on Tuesday, which surprised me.  Now we can begin to pick up all the boxes in the hall and put them in the bin.  My life just got easy.

Ken and I were busy this morning and early afternoon.  Ken was putting together yet another desk chair while I was answering e mails.   We forgot to eat lunch.  I am not sure if that has ever happened to us.  By 4:00, I suggested to go out for an early dinner.   The best restaurant at Canyon Lake is in Startsville, the closest town to us, so I called to be sure the Italian restaurant was open.  And they told me we did not need an reservation.   By the time we got there, it was 5:00 and much to our surprise, the place was almost full.  And it stayed full the whole time we were there.  Our dinner was delicious and we enjoyed it enormously.  We ate a four course dinner and brought 4 boxes home with us.  The timing was perfect because it was still light when we came home.  Our day was splendid.  First the trash and then the wonderful dinner made for a find day for us.  Little things do mean a lot.  But I did wonder why so many people were having dinner at 5:00?  Do they do it every evening?

No comments: