Thursday, December 13, 2018

December 13, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. The New Normal.

Today, my Texas Family has been preparing me for the new normal of my life. David and Suzanne and Sarah removed Ken's clothing from his drawers and racks and took everything to Goodwill, including his shoes. They went through our coat closets to find what would fit the girls. They made one trip this afternoon and will make another run tomorrow. We all decided we would remember Ken in our mind, not by making a shrine to him in our home. They will take some coats and hats to take to the lake. Ken would be pleased. My dressing room looked half empty so Suzanne and Allison organized all my clothes, so the closet looks full and friendly, not like a closet where someone just died. All my good shirts are color coded. My pants are now in a new spot and also hung by color. I was surprised to know I had 4 pairs of black pants. Who knew? My shirts are hung together and spaced apart and all the jackets have found a new spot. My dressing room/closet now looks spiffy. I must search for clothes because everything has moved. Everything is neat as a pin and looks wonderful. Kashina will work for me two days a week. My phone has added an app by Alana so I can use Lyft. Samantha and Allison regaled us all by describing how I must function in the bathroom by using one sink to brush my teeth and other to wash my hands and face. So we have had great sport tonight visualizing how my new normal will work for me. I knew my new normal will not be easy. But we have had a new start today, thanks to my Texas Family. Hats off to them for keeping the whole day bright and breezy and fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Our family thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through this "new normal" Dad spoke of Ken last nite in the butcher shop as he told of his passing. Catharine Jay/Shatzer& family