Sunday, December 23, 2018

DECEMBER 23, 2018. Playa Royale, Mexico. The First Lunch.

Yesterday after opening my bags snd putting things away I went for lunch at the beach restaurant which is on our resort property. Ken and I have enjoyed the place over the years because you sit on a tile floor even though you are on the beach, plus the whole place is covered so you are shaded. While you eat, you are able to watch the children frolicking in the water and see all the folks looking odd in bathing suits. While an obese person would ever wear a bikini is beyond me, but they do. I am not used to dining alone but I had no choice because there was no food in the condo. Sweet Suzanne ordered a supply of food to be delivered to the condo but it arrived in the afternoon, so down I went thinking I might be sad. But I wasn't. The service is always slow so I got to watch people. I sat at the first table beside the walkway so I was able to see everyone in the restaurant. And I listened to every conversation. One table just two rows over had eight people. They were already eating but I could hear that the group was expecting more to arrive. Apparently a large group was gathering for the Christmas season. As each group arrived, the plan was to check in, then gather at the beach restaurant. By the time it ended, 18 people were at the table. Each new group arrived and ordered a new order of guacamole. And everyone would laugh. There must be a private joke. I actually ate a whole order of french fries with my chicken cassadea. And I ordered a platter of fruit, which I am still enjoying today. Mexican ice cream is delicious so I ate an order of chocolate before leaving, but only one scoop!. The weather was perfect. Warm and sunny. I enjoyed my first meal alone, much to my surprise.

No comments: