Tuesday, December 25, 2018

December 25, 2018. Playa Royale, Mexico. Christmas Day 2018.

The last tine Ken and I spent Christmas Day in Playa Royale alone, we did not like it. So since that time, we have turned down the offer to be here Christmas week. But this year, as the grandchildren were older, we decided to book the week because we thought one or another of the families would want to come. But they did not. The Texas family is coming on Boxing Day. As I am following our plan, I have been here alone since Dec.22. As I thought about my time by myself in the condo, I tried to figure out a way to survive and thrive. My solution worked well and I have enjoyed my time by myself. I have tried to be busy. The solution is not new. It is the old fashioned way to thrive. I took all the clothes from the lockers. I laundered all my clothes. And I discarded Ken's clothes. I emptied and put away everything from the bags. When I ran out of anything to do, I went to the big grocery store, Mega. The Mexican families were there en mass, gleefully putting goodies in their mother's shopping cart. Being in a grocery store on Christmas Eve is probably not smart but I enjoyed the crowds and the glee. People seemed to be having a good time, and so did I. This afternoon I finally had nothing to do so I went down to the swimming pool, which is a lovely spot. I swam and used the hot tub and I enjoyed my time there. I am surprised that I did as well as I did here all by myself. My plan worked. I stayed grateful for my many blessings. And I kept busy. But I look forward to seeing the Texas tomorrow. Enough is enough.

No comments: