Friday, December 28, 2018

December 28, 2018. Playa Royale, Mexico. Decisions.

Many decisions for Ken and I were already decided. In our homes, Ken was responsible for everything outside and I was responsible for everything inside the house. We had nothing to argue about on that score. Sometimes Ken would ask me where he thought he should plant the oak leaf hydrangea but I seldom passed judgement because I knew he would plant it in the right spot. As Ken is left handed, his milk was always on the left side of the fridge and mine was on the right side. If we had double sinks in our bathroom, he always had the left sink. When you lie in bed, Ken always slept on the left side. Our life was made easy and we never argued about those types of decisions. But now I must make decisions on my own. The first night I was in the condo in Mexico all by self, I put all my medications in my bed side table. I put on my nightshirt and went to the bathroom before retiring. I noticed that Ken's side was closer to the bathroom so I had to have a talk to myself and convince myself that it was OK to sleep on Ken's side of the bed. I wondered if I would feel weird. I decided it would be safer for me to be closer to the bathroom. So I slept on Ken's side and made the decision all by myself. I slept well and have been sleeping on Ken's side ever since. I feel sure I will be required to make many decisions all by myself in the future but so far, all has been well. My decision to keep close to the bathroom was a success. Hats off to me.

No comments: