Thursday, December 20, 2018

December 20, 2018. Madison,. Mississippi. Recycle.

Having flowers in the home at a time of death is valuable. The lovely flowers are beautiful and they seem alive so they are comforting. Several kind friends and relatives have sent me flowers. There were not so may to be overwhelming but they added to our gathering for Ken on Wednesday and I have enjoyed having the flowers in the home. They all still look perfect but I am leaving, so I asked Kashina to help me and I asked her if she knew anyone who would enjoy flowers. She had a brilliant idea. Kashina lives in Crystal Springs, a small town south of Jackson. Her family has lived there for many generations. Her ancestors are buried in the town cemetery. Every Christmas Eve day, she and her sister place flowers on their relatives graves. Usually they buy poinsettias. This year, she will leave our flowers. Today she brought her mothers big vehicle just to collect the 7 flower arrangements. She was grateful and I was thrilled. Ken would be pleased too that the flowers sent to honor Ken will now be used to honor Kashina's relatives. I have never heard of recycling funeral floral arrangements but it was a good idea. The cemetery will look lovely. I too was pleased.

No comments: