Monday, December 24, 2018

December 24, 2018. Playa Royale, Mexico. The Bar.

Robbie loves the little bar at Paradise Village. Ken and I have enjoyed it too. During Happy Hour, the drinks are two for the price of one so when you order a bottle of beer, 2 bottles come to the table. When there are four people at the table, the scene looks ridiculous. Then we laugh. I have happy memories of that bar. I walked to the Hotel/Time Share to change dollars for pesos. I must take my passport. I give over three American bills and receive a fist full of pesos. All of a sudden I feel rich. Before walking back I stop in the bar for a cup of coffee and a glass of water. The bar was almost empty so pleasantly quiet. One of the things I do not like about the bar is the noise. When it is full you can not hear. Then I leave. Where I was sitting I could see the pool that has two alligator slides. To get to the slide, the child must climb the stairs, cross a suspension bridge than splash into the pool. When the twins were young, they must have taken 500 trips down that slide. And they loved every one. I was enjoying my coffee and the memories when I discovered that four television sets were on, all on football games. I was in hog heaven. Not only was I sitting in a lovely bar with a good view, but I get to see games. I stayed for ninety minutes. Then I took the shuttle back to Playa Royale. One walking trip was enough and I was able to watch more football. I had a good day.

No comments: