Monday, December 31, 2018

December 31, 2018. Playa Royale, Mexico. Resolutions.

The puzzle is complete. Suzanne, Allison, Sarah and Abby stayed up late. By 12:30, it was done and they cheered. Poor Samantha, who has been ill, was trying to get to sleep on the couch. They were resolved to complete the puzzle before they left. Today, they were gleeful when showing me the completed puzzle, which happened to be difficult. But it is done. Every so often, I think New Years Resolutions on New Year's Eve. But not this year. Instead I will try to fill my life with love and laughter every day. I will try not to complain about my ailments large and small. I will try not to find fault. I have a habit of trying to have things done in a better way which served no purpose but perhaps decreased my enjoyment. I will try not to do that. The most important resolution will be to be grateful. I do not wish to be a weeping widow. Rather I will honor my marriage to Ken by being joyful and for thanking God for all my blessings. I am determined to have a happy heart. So far I am doing well but I am not perfect. I have my moments. My Texas Family left for home today and I miss them. we had a wonderful time. Sara Lou is coming on the 3rd. All is well.

No comments: