Friday, December 7, 2018

December 7, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. Birthdays.

I like birthdays. I especially like birthdays when the celebration goes on for several days. Yesterday my birthday was just fine. Linda took me out for my birthday lunch. David called me and we chatted for ages. I looked at e mail messages along with texts. And Rita phoned too. My whole day was taken up with celebrating my birthday. Today I stayed home and looked at more greetings on the internet, with people saying kind things to me and wishing me happy birthday. And flowers arrived for me from David, Suzanne and the girls. They are beautiful and sit on our bar which reflects from the mirror, thus I am able to see the flowers from all around the room. Today was also a day of celebration. For years we have hosted a party in December. No one knew it was my birthday but for many years we have a party on the weekend closest to my birthday. We celebrate with family and friends to start the Christmas season. And we also celebrate my birthday. Last year, because it was my 80th, we invited people to my birthday, so the cat is out of the bag. Tomorrow evening, we will have a party for friends and their children, held at the yacht club. And Sunday at noon, our family will celebrate together to say a last hurrah for my birthday and to congratulate the girls for the end of their successful school year. And that will be the end of my birthday celebrations. I like it when the birthday extends day after day, but enough is enough. Soon my birthday celebrations will be over. I have enjoyed every minute.

No comments: