Monday, February 18, 2019

February 18, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. My Day.

Friends ask me what I do during the day. The question is a good one because when you live by yourself, the day has many hours. My friend Butch told me that what bothers him the most is the lack of voices in his home. His solution is to put on the TV the moment he goes through the door. And he keeps it on un til he goes to bed. I do not do that. I actually enjoy the quiet. But I do give structure to my day. I eat breakfast and read sitting in the chair with the best light, which is in the corner beside the windows. And I take my time with breakfast. When I am finished eating, I call someone. This morning I chatted with Fairie and Murray Lewin. She commented in her note about Ken for me to call to say hello and I did. Murray turned 81 today so the call was timely. Our families go back a long way so we talked about the old times and we talked about today. . I had already dressed before breakfast so right after my phone call I took Lyft to have a pedicure. No waiting and Lyft was quick to pick me up to bring me home. Dreises left me good food so I ate lunch at home, beef tips with zucchini, eaten in the corner while reading. By now it was almost 3:00 so I put up my feet for an hour. Next up was my walk which I take every day for 30 minutes. I drink my orange drink every day to avoid constipation. I drink while checking out the TV schedule for the night. Three days a week I lift light weights that I keep in the lower level so that was next on my agenda. I usually watch TV when eating dinner. Tonight is Antique Roadshow at 7:00 so I ate curry chicken and rice while watching my favorite show. Now after I complete these wee web log I will check my e mails before a final four crackers while taking my letrozole. I am usually in bed by 11. And I wake up around 8. So my days have structure. I try to have something happening every day. Tomorrow the cleaning lady comes. Wednesday Kashina comes. Thursday I attend BSF and Friday I see a friend. This Friday, Greta Barbour has invited me for afternoon tea along with Christina and Eleanor. So my days stay full. And I continue to be grateful.

No comments: