Thursday, February 7, 2019

February 7, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Lunch Date.

Today I took a handsome young man out for lunch. I asked to go to Gringo Tacos but the name is actually Green Ghost Tacos. Michael has a strong accent and speaks quickly so I missed the name. The lady who owns the restaurant is the mother of the man who owns the computer store who fixed my phone yesterday. The family;y is from Mexico and are clearly working hard and thriving. Yesterday when waiting for my phone to be fixed I looked at covers for my iPad. Sara Lou was recommending one to me as I have nothing protecting it. But the people at the store assured me that I must bring the iPad in to find the correct fit.Michael took the measurements yesterday and tried to buy one but they insisted. Evidently, there are many different sizes of covers and the fit must be perfect. This morning when I arrived home from BSF, Michael was hard at work installing the new lights. He assured me that he would drive me to take the iPad to get the right cover. At 1:00 I suggested we go for lunch as we get the cover and we did. The Mexican food was excellent. And it was fun. One of the cooks came to chat with Michael, of course in Spanish and the owner came to say hello to Michael. I liked her. She owns a home in Juana Jato, a colonial city that Ken and I visited years ago. And their family is attending a wedding in March in Puerto Vallarta. Now the only problem will be whether or not I can find the restaurant again. It is small and charming. And smells delicious. The moral of the story is that something good comes from everything, in this case a lovely lunch with a handsome young man when all we started out to do yesterday was to get my phone fixed. I got lucky.

No comments: