Saturday, February 2, 2019

February 2, 2019. Playa Royale, Mexico. Traveling Day.

Wendy and Ken are in the taxi heading for the airport. They will take a direct flight to Hamilton on Swoop Airline. This is the first year Swoop has offered that flight. We hope it continues because Wendy has invited me to come for Christmas. I have booked 8 weeks in our condo for 2020 beginning with January 4. If I come for Christmas, she and Ken will come with me from Hamilton to PV which would be lovely. We want Swoop to keep the flights running as their cost for a ticket is less than from either San Antonio or Jackson. No kidding. Wendy and Ken looked after me well. Last night was a perfect example. Wedecided to have our last dinner at our favorite little Mexican restaurant down the road. We walked in the daylight which is easier for me. I still hold Wendy's arm so I am sure she is beside me. Our meal was wonderful and just what we expected. The most memorable moment was when Ken ordered fish. And he liked it. Coming home in the dark, I walked with both Ken and Wendy by my side, with me holding on tightly to both. Ken suggested that next year I might bring a flashlight. On the elevator going down to get the cab this morning, we all agreed that we had a splendid visit for all three of us and we were a bit teary to be saying goodbye. But we did with smile all around. I leave this afternoon and will read in the condo all morning. I stay overnight in Dallas at the Hyatt and leave tomorrow for Jackson, arriving late in the afternoon. Kashina will come at 9 and stay overnight as I have an early scan which makes it difficult for her picking me up at 6 in the morning. And she will stay the day with me to help me settle in. Our plan is for her to work two days a week with me, Sunday and Wednesday. I hope that every Wednesday we can take an excursion into the small towns of Mississippi. I have a book giving information about such trips. Keshina likes to drive so I hope to hit the road a bit. I looking forward to our trips. Now I am ready for the next segment of my life. So here I go.

No comments: