Friday, February 8, 2019

February 8, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Persnickety.

"I am not trying on this pants," I said to the little lady who was going to fix my pants. The first thing I said to her was that I needed a new elastic in my fancy pants. Her English was not good and she asked me to go into the dressing room and put on the pants. I explained to her again that all I needed her to do was to measure my waist and put a new elastic ion the top. Again she told me that I must put on the pants. Again I told I would not put on those pants. We had a standoff. She apologized for her English and thought that I did not understand the need for me to see her in the pants. I told her I understood but I told her again that I was not trying on those pants. All I wanted was a new elastic. Finally I picked up the pants and told her I would take it to another person who did alterations too. Finally she relented and she agreed to measure me. But as she was measuring me and the pants, she was tut tutting away. I have no idea whether the pants will fit or not but next week I will pick them up. And I will try them on at home. If they still fall down, I will take the pants to my regular lady who only measured. In my defense, I was wearing jeans and sneakers so going through the removal of my clothes and putting on the pants would have been difficult. The dressing room was small with no chair which is almost impossible for me. But the most important part was that it was unnecessary. But I think I am getting difficult in my old age. I must have told her ten times that I was not going to put on those pants. I finally won the battle when the little lady realized that she was dealing with an old lady who was difficult. I have become persnickety.

No comments: