Tuesday, February 5, 2019

February 5, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. My Helpers.

I could not possibly function here in my home in Mississippi without my helpers. We work together. Chantes came this afternoon. He has been our handyman for 4 years. This time he will install ceiling lights in the bedroom and the TV room. Ken and I had decided to have them done upon our return. He will also repair the front of a wooden file cabinet in Ken's office. He was also able to open the freezer door which was stuck. So Chantes will help. Theresa came at noon to clean the house. She works for a cleaning service but she feels like part of the family. I do not really need her every week but for the moment, I like her coming every Tuesday afternoon. Today she gave her phone number and told me to call if I need help or if I just want company. Keshina has agreed to work with me twice a week, on Sunday and Wednesday. She was a huge help with Ken and she too seems like part of the family. Tomorrow she will drive me to a doctor's appointment. In the future I will make appointments for Wednesdays. She is a good worker and will help do anything that needs to be done. I was delighted that she agreed to work with me two days a week. She is working 4 days a week for another lady. She was asked to help the lady every day as she did with Ken but she refused. She will work 4 days with the lady and two with me, leaving Saturday if I need her. My friends and family will help me too. I will invite my lady friends, one at a time to come for coffee on Friday or Monday. I have already given out invitations via the phone. Dreises the cook will come and cook for me on Saturdays. She cooks enough for the week and when she is cooking, she fills the house with wonderful smells. She is a good cook and I appreciate her help. Christina is coming Friday to help with new accounts. And of course we will continue our Sunday lunch. Since my return, I have used Lyft twice, once to get home and today to go to have my hair cut. I am no longer trapped. To get to anything I need regularly in Ridgeland costs $9. which is affordable and quick. When I called to come home the driver came in 2 minutes. Lyft is the final piece of my puzzle to keep me functioning in my lovely home. But I need everyone of these helpers to allow me to be happy. I am grateful for their help.

No comments: