Sunday, February 3, 2019

February 3, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Success.

I am like a two year old. I did it all by myself. I am home. All my belongings have been put away. The temperature in the house is cosy. The computer is working. Lyft from the airport was a breeze. She picked me up in three minutes after I called. And I was able to pay her tip, all done on my phone. This was the first time to use Lyft all myself. The first time David was with me to prompt me. The cost was half the amount of a taxi. Success for me. Once I got to the American check in yesterday afternoon all was well. But getting from the cab to the counter was not easy., The terminal was packed. I could not find American so getting through the crowds was difficult but once I was in the hands of the American staff I was well looked after. I learned something yesterday. I noted the look of the dress and demeanor of the people pushing wheel chairs. Their uniforms are new and they hustled. The young lady taking me from the counter to the gate was aggressively getting to the front of every line. She was polite but assertive. liked her. She left me at the gate, then came back to wheel me to the plane as the ramps was long and steep. White we were waiting to board, we chatted. I learned that the good folks who push wheel chair folks are volunteers. They work for tips. No wonder they hustle. She is a University student as are must of all the pushers. She works long hours on the weekends. No problem with either flights. I was wheeled right to the Hyatt and was accompanied to the room. My breakfast in the room was huge. I ordered last night when I was hungry which was a mistake. But I ate it anyway. Now I am home in my nice warm abode. I did it myself. Success.

No comments: