Wednesday, February 6, 2019

February 6, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Panic Attack.

My carefully constructed life fell apart this afternoon when I discovered that my phone was stuck. Nothing worked. I did everything I knew to bring it back to life but it still stayed stuck. So at 3:30 I put my feet up for thirty minutes. All I did was worry about all the things I needed the phone for tomorrow, such as call Lyft. I could not call if I had an emergency. I was truly trapped. When after 30 minutes of worrying, I checked and was hoping the phone had fixed itself. But no such luck. Nothing worked. Nothing moved on the screen. It was stuck. Michael is Chantes' son. He arrived to install the lights. I of course was still in panic mode. He looked at my phone and said I need the computer in the phone to be reset and for that I needed to go to a phone store. Bless his heart. He drove me in my car to the place very close who services apple products. We took back roads. The technician in the back checked my phone, reset the computer and now it works perfectly. And for that I paid the company $20. I could have hugged his neck but of course I never saw him. I was there 10 minutes with a 10 minute drive there and back. Michael was correct when he told me that it would be fixed quickly. The company is owned by a young man from Mexico. The Mother owns a restaurant called Gringo Tacos just up the street from the store. Michael had been working for the Mother making repairs and she mentioned her son to Michael, who has been using them ever since. I was so lucky that Michael came by at the perfect time and that he suggested we go immediately to the store. Now my life is back together. I never dreamt that the most important objet in my house is the phone. But it is.

No comments: