Thursday, July 18, 2019

July 18, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Lunch with Cathy and Bryan.

I am following the same pattern as I had in Jackson. And it has been successful. I invite a friend out for lunch. My rule is, that I pay and they drive. In Jackson I use Lyft to get me to the restaurant. Then the friend takes me home. Here because of logistics, the friend picks me up at home and we drive to the restaurant together. I enjoy the outing with a friend and they do not seem to mind picking me up. The system works well and I will continue the pattern. Today at noon I had a wonderful time with Cathy and Bryan. I like them both and have known them for the past 21 years. We had a great time, at least I did. We had a full year of catching up for both of us so we had a lot of material to cover. Bryan built the Ely's home and is a wonderful builder. But he has retired. He does small tasks for past clients but he is doing no major building. But he is biking all year. He is thin and fit and looks great. Cathy used to work at the Royal Bank and retired as the assistant manager. She hooks rugs which are beautiful but unless you go into her home you can never see them because she does not show them anywhere, let alone sell them. They both looked great. I have always enjoyed their company so I was delighted they were willing to allow me to take them out for lunch. Clearly, they are enjoying their retirement. My friends are more important to me since Ken died so lunch today was extra special. And they got to see Fisherman Ken up close and persona. So hats off to Bryan and Cathy for picking me up to drive me to White Point for lunch. Good food and good company can not be beat.

No comments: