Tuesday, July 2, 2019

July 2, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Optician.

Just before I left Mississippi, my eye doctor gave me the go ahead to put new lens in my right eye. The pressures were high enough to get my eyes refracted. It was too late in Mississippi so I made an appointment with the office in Liverpool. My appointment was for June 24. I was pleased with their work. The place was spotlessly clean and high tech. The Optician actually did my refraction using the computer. I was impressed. And he checked my reading prescription for both eyes. My plan was to replace the lens in my reading glasses with my proper prescription. But first I wanted my distance glasses back so I could see better. Today I picked up my glasses. What a relief. Now I see 20/20 in both eyes. Or at least most of the time. Sometimes I see 20/25, which is a whole lot better than 20/80 in my right eye. I left my second pair of glasses to install the right lens. So I soon will have two pair of glasses where I have good vision. When I asked them to put my prescription in my reading glasses they were unable to do the job because the cheap readers I was using have no screws to remove the lens. So I bought one pair of frames. They will then install the lens which will be correct for my prescriptions for reading. If they work well, I may order another pair. The readers I use do not work well but at least I can read with them. I was pleased that in the little town of Liverpool; was an optical business that was at the cutting edge of technology. And I was surprised. Now my vision at distance has improved and soon my reading will have improved too. To say that I am pleased is an understatement. Hats off to the optical company in Liverpool.

No comments: