Saturday, July 6, 2019

July 6, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Heading Home.

Last evening we ate our last supper. The Sutherlands booked an early flight from Halifax this morning, so stayed overnight at the airport hotel, the ALT. To be sure they would be driving during the daylight, we ate at 6:45. And they left for the hotel at 7:45. Twilight lasts a long time in the north so they would be in good shape. Our house seemed strangely quiet after they left. Christina drove the girls over to Gill's home to gather their belongings and come back home to stay the night. Mary Frances slept in a bunk bed while Kate slept in Gabriellas room. The were ready when Mr. Gaskell picked them up at 8:30. The day was cloudy and windy, which should make for good traveling, both by car and plane. After they all left, the house was really quiet. I spent the day puttering in the house. I did laundry, lots of them. And I organized the fridge so I know where to find things. We had a bit of left over food, but I did not know where the food had been placed. With multiple people putting things in the fridge food was just placed into any available spot. With everyone here, I turned the kitchen over to Christina and Eleanor, who did a great job. Next I put things away in the garage. Molly left two puzzles on the floor which I have yet to pick up. And the boys removed one of Ken's large fishing poles from the wall which I will have to ask Mary to put back. I do not wish to stand on a stool.. While I was doing the chores, I watched Wimbleton which provided me lots of entertainment. My drill was to watch a bit, then fold sheets our towels in the kitchen during the commercials. It was a good day on the courts. I watched Nadel, Serena and Federer, who all won. On a day when I could have felt gloomy, I enjoyed puttering and watching. Again and again. Everyone enjoyed the week together. Having a full house gives great pleasure. The children young and old are a delight. I will miss them but I am grateful they were able to come. I will be by myself until Ruth R. arrives on July 24. I will be fine. Tomorrow I am going with Mary, Cliff and Gill to hear a gospel song afternoon with the Ukulele Strummers from Liverpool. When the concert is over, we will go to Sobeys to buy lobster. The store cooks them. Then we will eat the lobsters at the home of Mary and Cliff. My friends here keep me from being lonely. Getting from Halifax to Jackson is difficult. Three flight. I hope to hear when they are all safely home. We all agreed that the week went by quickly. Now everyone is heading home.

No comments: