Wednesday, July 10, 2019

July 10, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Leftover Food.

Today at lunch I ate the last of the lasagna, left over from last Thursday when we had 14 at the table for dinner. Every day I dutifully ate another piece because I am not prone to throwing perfectly good food away. And I have been eating sliced meat every day. So far I have gone through the ham and the turkey. Now I must start on the beef. Other things were put in the freezer but not labeled so I will have trouble with that. But in the fridge I have a bag of cooked potatoes, plus lots of baby spinach. Also in the fridge are four rolls of pork. They were dry the first time around so I must figure out how to make them less dry. As I will be by myself all next week I will probably go through all the food. My system is just to eat the food cold. And I always watch TV while I eat because the little TV room is just off the kitchen and it makes life easy. I drink water and eat cold food. Seems odd but I like it. My diet is peculiar but I eat fruit at breakfast and eat all the blueberries in a bowl for dessert. Today at lunch I ate the last of the cream that the coffee drinkers enjoy with their coffee. The cream was a day away from being sour but I persevered. I am determined to clean up the fridge before my next company arrives on July 24. I like leftovers which is a good thing. I froze all the leftover cookies and pies. And two containers of ice cream are still in the kitchen fridge. I am surprised I have not finished it. Maybe it will keep. I must check. My leftover food has been keeping me happy.

No comments: