Tuesday, July 23, 2019

July 23, 2019. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Lights and Gratitude.

Getting upstairs at night is not easy. The location of the light switches are odd. We were not here when the lights were installed so the position of the switches are not intuitive. When I leave the TV room to go upstairs, I must switch several lights off in the kitchen. But before that I must turn on the lights in the living room. Before I go upstairs I must turn on the switch for the light over the stairs. AndI must turn off the living room lights. At the top of the stairs I must turn on the light in the small hall before turning off the light on the stairs. Next I go into the hall to turn on the hall to the bedroom. Then I must go back to turn off the light in the little hall. Finally I turn on the light just inside our bedroom. Finally I turn off the hall light. Then I close the door and smile. Until I came to our home here this June, I did not know the drill. When I came upstairs at the end of the evening all I did was to turn off the lights behind me. Ken usually came upstairs ahead of me and he left the lights. I did not know the drill. He came up early to the computer or to read and he want to be sure that I was not left in the dark. So every evening as I am coming up and switching on and off all those switches I am grateful for his attention. And I smile.

No comments: