Tuesday, November 12, 2019

November 12, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Freeze Warnings.

Ken would know what to do when we have a freeze warning. But I do not. So I just hope for the best. Right now the temperature is 27. My 5:00 tomorrow morning it will be 23. I have no idea if the external water faucets have been turned off. The television is telling everyone to be prepare for severe frost. Of course, I have no clue what I should do. This morning Cheryl came over for a cup of tea. She mentioned that in the Jackson area everyone is worried about freezing pipes because the pipes are not buried very deep. But she is pleased that the soil is still warm so unless we have sustained freezing, the pipes should not freeze. At least she hopes. Tomorrow we will have 50 degrees so tonight will be the only night of really cold weather. Temperature is absolute. 25 degrees is the same temperature in Ottawa and Jackson. But in Jackson it seems much colder for the locals because until recently, the temperature have been in the 80's and 90's. Everyone wears warm boots and heavy coats and warm hats. So people here suffer in the cold weather. I am always interested in interior temperatures. When the temperature is low, the house seems chilly even though I have not changed the thermostat. I wear a vest inside when it is cold outside even though I do not wear anything more than a long sleeved shirt when the temperature is 50. It seems odd to me. For now, I hope my pipes do not freeze. Fortunately, the furnaces are working well. I am cosy in my little house even though it is actually freezing outside. What a surprise.

No comments: