Thursday, November 21, 2019

November 21, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. The Grey Cup.

Sunday at 6:00, two teams will compete to win the Grey Cup, making the winner the champion of the Canadian football league. My father was a sports nut too so we paid attention at home about the Grey Cup. First we listened, next we watched the game on TV. After we moved from Calgary to Vancouver, my father received a large envelope. It was from his good friend Wilf who lived in Calgary. The content when opened out was a large piece of paper about 6 ft by 6 ft.. In large print it gave the score for Calgary. At the bottom in tiny print was the score for Vancouver. Calgary had won the game and Wilf wanted to remind dad of the score. Dad laughed and kept it in his desk. When we moved to Texas we were never able to watch the Grey Cup. But one year, the game was shown in US. Ken and I of course watched. But that year the game was played in Vancouver, which has a moderate climate. The problem was the fog. When you watched, the quarterback would throw the ball...and disappear. You could not see a thing. It was the most hilarious game we had ever seen. Needless to say, the US networks did not show the Grey Cup for many years. I am hoping I can spot the game on my TV on Sunday. I will be cheering for Hamilton!

No comments: