Monday, November 4, 2019

November 4, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Devotion.

When I turned 70, I decided to write a simple blog. I wrote it for the grandchildren would find about us, after we were dead and gone. I knew my grandmother well but as I got older, I had many questions that I should have asked while she was alive. So I wrote the blog for my heirs. At the end of the first year, Regina offered to bind the years writings. And she always made three copies, one for me and one each to the two families. Betty S. worked her magic to be sure the pages were in the correct order. When I retired, Betty told Christina what needed to be done, and Christina has been doing that task ever since. It was always my intention to write the blog for ten years but I was encouraged to keep it going, which I have done. In just a few days I will receive a package containing three copies of my blog from 2018. Christina will have sent the information and Regina will bind it. That is devotion by both Christina and Regina. This will be 12 years of binding. I turn 82 in just a few weeks. I have not worked with Regina for several years but she still performs that task for me. I call that devotion and I am grateful.

No comments: