Friday, November 8, 2019

November 8, 2019. Maddison, Mississippi. RFD.

Ken and I discovered the RFD channel when we put a TV at the ranch. The channel deals with farms and ranches and the economics of both. As we owned a ranch and sold our Longhorn calves, we started watching it. I have been watching it ever since even though I no longer own a farm or a ranch. The best part of the channel is their news. Everything on the news has to do with agriculture and the business of farming and ranching. So I hear what the federal government has down with the laws dealing with that topic but nothing about the rest of the political world, which is a great blessing. One of their programs, coming out of Oregon is called Farm Monitor. The program gives lots of information about growing stuff. Another program is PhD Ag. where two PhD brothers give information about pesticides and weeds and plantings. They both work for the U.of Pennsylvania Farm Bureau and answer lots of questions submitted to the program. And they play lots of musical groups. On right now is a program called Windsongs, highlighting a different musician every week. I always watch the prices of hogs and corn etc. etc., but I am not sure why. When I sit down to watch TV, I always check to see what is showing on all the channels that I like. And if nothing else of interest catches my fancy I am almost always entertained on RFD, which they advertise as "the most important television channel in the nation". They might be right. After all, agriculture is perhaps the most important aspect of our life. I have asked many people if they know about RFD. No one has told me yes. . But I know about it. I and I enjoy it.

No comments: