Saturday, November 16, 2019

November 16, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. The Moon.

My bedroom looks out at the trees, sky and reservoir. Windows are covering the whole side toward the water. Last night when I went to bed and turned toward the water, the whole room was lit up by the moon. When I was laying on my side and opened my eyes, I could see the moon. I thought it was a full moon but without my glasses I could be just guessing. I do know it was bright. I could have walked around the room without turning on the light. I enjoyed the view although I did not get out of bed. I could see it clearly without even moving my head. Then I felt badly because I have no hot tub. There were two aspects of owning a hot tub that we enjoyed. First thing was the warmth. The warm water gets through to your bones. Ken and I enjoyed the warmth. But in addition to the warmth, we liked watching the sky. The stars were bright because our tubs were in remote areas with very little light pollution. And when the moon was out we had the best of views. So as I enjoyed seeing the moon last night, I realized that without a hot tub, I never get to see the stars in all their glory. And I was nostalgic for our hot tubs. One by one we got rid of them. First we sold our Franklin Street house along with the hot tub. Next when the hot tub at the farm started leaking we had it removed. Then we sold the farm. The lake house in Texas started leaking too so we had it removed, mainly because we thought it dangerous for Ken to get in and out. Finally two years ago we removed the tub in Western Head. Both Ken and I thought it best to have it gone. Getting in and out was dangerous for both of us so we thought it best to remove temptation. So finally we had no hot tubs. Now I never think about them, except when I see the full moon out my window and wish I could soak in the water and enjoy the night sky. Then I went to sleep.

No comments: