Monday, November 18, 2019

November 18, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Ken's Slippers.

Just the few months before Ken died, he ordered a new pair of slippers. Like everything else that Ken purchased, the slippers were of high quality with sheep wool inside and leather outers. So I kept them even though they were too big for me. Last winter I left for Mexico shortly after Ken died so the slippers sat on a shelf in my closet. Several times this year I have wondered why I was keeping the slippers because I had not yet worn them. But I left them sitting there, reminding me of Ken's good taste. For the past two weeks, the temperature in Jackson has fallen. The television room has windows top to bottom so sometimes I am chilly even though the thermostat says 74. I have taken to wearing Ken's slippers to keep me warm. If I wear thick socks, I do not trip but I look a little odd, especially as I a wear the large flannel nightshirt owned by Ken. It is made of heavy flannel and comes down to my ankle but it keeps me warm. I might look odd but with Ken's slippers and flannel nightshirt I am cosy and warm.

No comments: