Saturday, November 9, 2019

November 9, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Simple Pleasures.

This morning at 10:45 Dreisys walked in my front door. I know she is bringing a basket of nutritious, delicious food. The food is hot because she cooked this morning. She leaves the food on the counter beside the fridge to cool. Then she comes to tell me what she has cooked. And we have a little chat. Her food is important but in addition she brings her spirit and charm. She enjoys cooking for me and she lets me know. Today we talked about her mother because she has told her mother about me and her mother wanted a picture. Dreisys took a selfing of the both of us and sent it to her mother who lives in Cuba. Just before I returned to Mississippi, Dreisys and her husband and son again went to Cuba to buy her mother a little house. Her mother is happy and Dreisys is thrilled to be able to help. Spending just a short time with Dreisys gives me great pleasure and of course I eat her good cooking all week. Friday Molly and Christina had a half day at school so we three went out for lunch. I asked Molly to select a restaurant and she selected a favorite in the Renaissance. But the first place she selected had a waiting list so we went to the elegant Chinese restaurant, I.P.Chang. At both places, Christina dropped us off. Molly was careful to have me hold her arm and when we entered both restaurants she spoke to the hostess and asked for a table. She is 11 so I was impressed that she could handle herself in the fancy restaurants. Our lunch was delicious and lots of fun. We were celebrating my latest scan so we were especially joyful. In truth, it was a simple lunch for the tree of us but it brought me much pleasure. Often, the simple pleasure last the longest. I had the benefit of two simple pleasures the past two days. And I am grateful for them both.

No comments: