Friday, November 15, 2019

November 15, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Lisa's Lunch.

This lunch I ate at Lisa's home today was the best lunch I have ever eaten. When I told Christina that Lisa was hosting a luncheon for me at her home she warned me that Lisa was a wonderful cook. Eleanor and Greta Barbour were invited too. With Christina warning me, I was looking forward to a delicious meal. But the reality exceeded expectations. The whole experience was superb. We started by sitting by the fire eating warm pumpkin soup from a blue willow mug. What a way to start a meal. The soup was delicious as was the conversation. Next we adjourned to the dining room. On the table were three covered dishes with a blue willow plate at each setting. Down the center was a red runner along with red crystal water glasses. Lisa was getting us ready for the holiday season. The table looked beautiful. One dish, in a covered blue willow bowl, held white rice. Another was full of buttered chicken which smelled delicious and tasted even better. It was an Indian dish, which Lisa had never cooked before. Her husband Henry wondered if it was smart to try a new dish on company but it worked out. The third covered dish was full of small fresh green beans. The plate looked pretty and tasted even better. And of course we used the good silver. The table was elegant. For desert Lisa served a dish that I can not spell, but was a chocolate something topped with whipped cream. It sound rich but she served it in a demitasse cup which again looked charming but did not fill you up. Everyone but me drank a cup of coffee. I was impressed with the luncheon. And the best part was when Lisa gave the blessing before lunch, she thanked God for bringing me into their lives. Now that is high praise from your friends.

No comments: