Sunday, November 17, 2019

November 17, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Surprise.

I am not in love with surprises but tonights was a delight. At 5:00 I received a text from my across the street neighbor. She and her husband were preparing dinner and she wanted to know if I would be home, and if she could bring me dinner. Of course I said yes. They are good neighbors. I know if I needed anything I could call them but I never see them. Greg is an anesthesiology and Dona is an executive at a private school so they are busy. Their son is at Mississippi State and their daughter is in 9th grade. So I never see them. They come to our party and we exchange Christmas goodies. When Ken died, she sent over a full meal the first day., So they are good neighbors at least in spirit. Just after 6, all three brought over dinner. Their daughter, Ann Avery had baked cookies for dessert. After they left, I enjoyed eating their food of a chicken pasta with a big salad and hot rolls. When they came with the food, we chatted for a bit. Ann Avery has always been a charming little girl. Now she is a charming 9th grader who is now my height. This year she is playing basketball. She plays on the junior varsity but practices and dresses with the varsity team, so she is busy. They are competent, energetic people and I enjoyed chatting with them. They are just busy. And their cars are parked in their garage at the back of the house so I do not know when they come and go. But tonight I ate like a queen all because my nice neighbors brought me dinner. Now that was a pleasant surprise. I enjoyed every bite and have enough food left over for tomorrow. This is another day when I just got lucky.

No comments: