Friday, November 1, 2019

November 1, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. 42nd Street.

I had never seen 42nd Street. I knew all about it, had read the reviews of the revival and knew a movie was made from the revival, but I never was able to see it in real life. The reason I was so impressed with the show was the amount of tap dancing, which I love. Finally, I saw the movie on PBS on Masterpiece Theater. I loved every minute. Ken would have hated it. He never enjoyed tap dancing and this musical is full of tap dancing. And the dancing was superb. PBS fooled me. I thought the two and a half show was part of the fund raiser so expected to get my dinner during their sales pitches. But I did not realize until the movie started that Masterpiece is not a fund raiser so I was very late getting dinner. But my time was well spent as I enjoyed the whole thing. I have no idea who played in the movie but they were good. Now I have finally seen 42nd Street. Lots of well known songs were in the show. The singing was good too. People are so talented. Next up for me is Carousel, another show I have not seen. And I must watch to see when PBS puts on The King and I, which they will be doing soon. It almost makes me send PBS some money. I certainly was pleased to watch 42nd Street.

No comments: