Thursday, November 7, 2019

November 7, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Dress/Nightshirt.

Last Friday Christina and Molly stopped by after school. We started this habit last Spring. I still had boxes and boxes of chocolate treats, left over from Ken, is I invited Molly to come for a treat or two. We all three enjoyed this short visit. And Molly always took a treat home for Kate. I still have one box of goodies so I invited them to come on Friday. Also I had my list of questions for Christina. They were coming after 3:00. I read all morning, still wearing my night shirt and long robe. I intended to shower and dress after lunch. But the AC man called to say he was on the way. By now it was 2:15. Just as he was leaving, Lanny the yard man came to the door to chat. I had not seen him since my arrival so he wanted to be sure I was all right. He is a very nice young man. He wanted to chat. His only daughter is being married this weekend so he was excited and wanted to tell me everything. I enjoyed our conversation but by the time he left it was almost three o'clock. I rushed into the shower and hoped that Christina and Molly would not arrive with me in the shower. I got lucky but I knew I needed to dress quickly. I put on a pair of light weight blue and white stripped pants. I looked at the shelves of T shirts and spotted a shirt that seemed to be blue and white. I had no recollection of ever seeing that shirt but I put it on because it matched my pants. But the shirt came just above my knees. I have another long shirt that I wear with pants so I put it on. But I did not remember buying that shirt/dress. I could not find the second nightshirt given to me by Suzanne and David last Christmas, so when Kashina was working on Sunday, I asked her about my nightshirt. She immediately went to the shelves with the shirts. But it was in the laundry. The dress I wore when Christina and Molly came over was actually that lost nightshirt. It was certainly comfortable. When I put it on I thought it was blue and white to match my pants. Turns out is is black and white. I am wearing it now. Next time Kashina folds the laundry she will put that nightshirt in the proper drawer. I got fooled.

No comments: