Wednesday, November 6, 2019

November 6, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Good News/Bad News.

My day did not start out well in the Radiology Department of Baptist Hospital. I was on a cot while the technician was checking my glucose level, which was too high to take the test. I asked him to take it again. It went down a bit. I continued to will the number down and asked him to take it again. Bingo. My numbers were low enough to proceed with my scans. But now I have the bad news that my glucose level is high. Next he tried to put in an IV to inject the dye for the test but he was unable to accomplish the task at my elbow. Next he tried my hand, which actually hurts. But he finally got it done. The rest of the test was routine. Next I met Dr. Sheehan, my Oncologist, after having my blood drawn at the lab. The report was excellent. My scan is unchanged from the last one. So all is well. My blood counts are also fine. David calls me cured. I am now on a 6 month schedule for scans. And the good doctor finally agreed to think about me shedding some weight. Up until now, she did not want to hear losing pounds as it is too hard on the body. She wanted me with no stress. Now she agrees to have me, very slowly, reduce my big body. And I do not need to see her until next May, when I will be less fat. I must do something about my glucose level. My solution is to reduce weight and increase walking. Dr. S. was not concerned actually. She thought I looked great. So good news with the scan and bad news with the glucose level. Nothing is perfect.

No comments: