Saturday, November 30, 2019

November 30, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. The Weather.

I once told my friend Clausen that the weather forecast in Mississippi is almost always correct. He disagreed. He was born and raised in Montgomery, Alabama, which has about the same topography as Jackson and he said that the weatherman is often wrong. But I am always surprised when my phone tells me one thing and the reality is another. Today my phone told me I was going to have rain all day, with a severe storm in the early evening. So far I have seen nothing unusual, just 73 and sunny. This evening on the TV, an alert was sounded. We are having a tornado watch this evening. And we are supposed to have heavy rain and hail later this evening. I do not even hear high wind at the moment so perhaps the storm will miss us here just outside Jackson. The instructions are to go to the lowest part of the house. And for sure, get indoors. I do not wish to go to the lowest part of the house. I intend to crawl into bed and stay there until the morning. I have placed a flashlight beside my bed just in case we have no power. Once again, I was wrong and Clausen was right. The forecast is not correct 100% of the time. But mostly, I can make my plans around the forecast I find on my phone. Last week were supposed to have three days of rain. We got none but we did get heavy wind in the middle of the night. I now have a foot of leaves both front and back even though they were cleaned up on Monday. My trees are almost bare after all the wind. But no rain at all. I have a feeling that we will get no storm this evening. I will go to bed early, just in case. The best place to be in heavy rain and hail is in bed. The sounds are fantastic. After doing a few chores, that is what I intend to do.

No comments: