Thursday, December 12, 2019

December 12, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. Lunch With Kashina.

Kashina is the opposite of Ken. She wants to eat food that she has eaten before and to go down roads that she knows. Her choices of food are narrow but I know she likes steak and has several times commented that she likes The Longhorn Steakhouse the best. Today, to celebrate Christmas I took her to her favorite steak house. Today is our last chance because she works on Sunday when we will go out with the family. I leave next Wednesday so today was our last opportunity to celebrate Christmas together. My selections for lunch are often unusual, at least from her standpoint so often she struggles to find food she will eat. On any menu, we always knew that Ken woulds order the weirdest food. With Kashina it is the opposite. I say nothing but I laugh to myself. Today Kashina ordered a T bone steak, served well done, with string potatoes on the side. I ordered salmon and a sweet potato, which were both excellent. She and I laughed about the steak after she ordered. "The steak will not be done well enough," she said. Sure enough, she sent the steak back three times because it was not cooked enough. Finally she ate the whole steak. Our meal was festive and we enjoyed our lunch at The Longhorn. Eating out with Kashina is an experience for me and I am enjoying watch her navigate around the menu. She of course thinks I eat weird food. Coming home from the restaurant she took a wrong turn and was nervous because she was driving on a road she did not know. But she laughed and said to me that I always want to go on new roads so now we were doing it. I liked the new road but Kashina was only comfortable when she was on a familiar road. To each his own. We did get home in a timely fashion and both of us agreed that our lunch was splendid.

No comments: