Wednesday, December 18, 2019

December 18, 2019. Ancaster, Ontario, Canada. Winter.

Driving in the limo was a reminder of winter. There were no leaves on any trees, just branches everywhere. The fieldss were covered with snow, and the ponds and lakes were frozen. I had actually forgotten the bleakness of the winter scene. But there is beauty in the landscape too. The driver kept asking if I was warm enough. He was wearing a jacket while I had no coat at all. I was actually cold but I did not admit how chilly I was. He was over heating. The day went perfectly in order. Kashina took me to the airport for my 7:00 flight. The flight to Atlanta left on time. I was efficiently taken to my next gate. And the flight left on time. I was at Dave and Irene's home by 5. Now the festivities will begin. Wendy will have dinner here with us. Tomorrow afternoon Kenny and Anne arrive from Vancouver and Saturday Katy and Brock arrive from Purdue. The clan is gathering. Winter is beautiful, especially when you look outside from the warm comfortable home. But it is cold. I have been outfitted with a warm coat for tomorrow. And Fridayday I retrieve my own beaver coat. I will be comfortable here. And I am delighted to be here with the Buckley family. I will enjoy the festive season. And mostly I will stay indoors. Winter has arrived to Ontario. I had forgotten the look.

No comments: