Friday, December 27, 2019

December 27, 2019. Ancaster, Ontario. Lunch.

My lunch was unexpected and delightful. Before I left Mississippi I had invited friends from Toronto to meet me for lunch in Ancaster. Much to my surprise, they agreed. At first I was thinking of a luncheon for all of us together but decided to have them come one at a time, thus giving me the time to talk to each couple. Today Tom and Joyce were to come for lunch. The plan was for them to come to Dave and Irene's home to say hello. Then I would drive with them to the restaurant, which is just down the street. But yesterday the motor on their windshield wiper stopped working and as Boxing Day is a holiday, no mechanic was on duty. They were forced to cancel. I was disappointed. But not for long. I did not cancel the reservation. I invited Dave and Irene for lunch. And I invited Diane and Norm too. Diane was working but Norm accepted the invitation. The four of us enjoyed a delightful lunch together. I learned that spending time with just one person means that the conversation is interesting. And being with Norm with just Dave and Irene was unusual and a pleasure. Both Irene and Wendy recommended the restaurant in Ancaster, which turned out to be excellent, which pleased me because all my friends will be having lunch with me there too. I ate a small pizza, about 6 inches in diameter, full of vegetables. Along with a big Caesars salad my lunch was complete. Cavello Nero was a good choice, fortunately. My lunch today with Norm, Dave and Irene was an unexpected delight.

No comments: