Friday, December 6, 2019

December 6, 2019. Madison, Mississippi. A Birthday Party.

This year I had my birthday party at Drago's restaurant in Jackson. Ken and I had eaten there several times over the last few years and their specialty of New Orleans food is tasty. And I was right. Their food was good. The room at the back of the restaurant was large and nicely decorated for Christmas so we fit nicely in the space. Everyone was pleased with the food and the location so I was pleased with the choice. I tend to repeat a place for a second year so I suspect I will book the place for next year. Once upon a time many years ago I decided to see what would happen if I never told anyway it was my birthday. What happened was absolutely nothing. That was no fun so next year I told everyone I knew that my birthday was coming up and I planned a party for myself. I never actually told people it was my birthday, but I knew. I have had an event the first weekend of December ever since. For years I held an ice skating party at Wheaton Ice Rink. Since we have moved to Mississippi, I book the party at a restaurant. For three years we held it at Sombra, a Mexican restaurant. Then for the past two years we held it at The Yacht Club. Ken attended last year and enjoyed himself. Now this year I selected Drago's which was a popular choice. Much to my surprise, some folks had never eaten there until tonight. Most importantly, everyone had a good time, including me. I have held a party for myself for over 50 years so there is no reason to quit. So here I go to 83 next year.

No comments: