Wednesday, December 25, 2019

December 25, 2019. Ancaster, Ontario. Christmas Day.

From the first moment of the day, my Christmas Day has been wonderful. Dave, Irene and I drank coffee while we opened our stockings from Santa. I had asked for no gifts but everyone paid no attention so I was opening gifts all day, which I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated. The three of us ate Christmas muffins and fruit, while we opened gifts. Then in the door came Ken and Wendy, Katey and Brock and Alana with yet more gifts. And more talking. I had not seen Alana, Katey and Brock since the wedding in September, 2018 so I had lots to catch up on and I am taking full advantage. Dave and Irene went to Norm and Diane's home around 3:00 while I asked Wendy to pick me up later. Then I did some laundry and Wendy and I made my bed. Our plan was to have our Christmas feast with Diane and Norm. All the Buckley relatives were there along with neighbors and other relatives. We were a happy group of 22. Turkey with all the trimmings was what we ate and it was delicious, all made by Norm and Diane. They must be weary now. Lots of young people certainly make for a lively event. It was a lovely event. I have celebrated many Christmas seasons with Dave and Irene and you can not be reminded of past years with all the loved ones who are missed today. But we kept the spirit happy and were only focused on how grateful we were for all the Christmas seasons we have celebrated together. My day was busy and happy this Christmas Day 2019.

No comments: